Week four of the COVID-19 lockdown is upon us. I assume many, if not most of us, have implemented and adjusted to new routines—working from home, homeschooling children, limiting errands to what’s essential, physical distancing, and more. I’d also like to believe that we’ve taken this gift of time to reinvent ourselves and our priorities, all while remaining positive as we navigate the shift that’s taking place.
I’d love to hear the ways you’ve made use of this time, as well as your plans to maintain these changes in the coming days, weeks, and months. Here’s a few things I’ve done or am doing with this newfound opportunity:
- I tidied up my recipe binder, and in the process unearthed several old favorites. I also husband-tested several new dishes, including main courses and desserts.
- After devouring my stash of library books, I surrendered to technology and am now reading on my iPad. A huge thank you to my local library for providing sites where books can be downloaded for free.
- Under the heading, “Learn Something New,” I decided to expand my knowledge of astrology and numerology. I’m doing this via YouTube videos, books, and by connecting with websites suggested by like-minded friends.
- As a way to spend time in nature, I walk daily, steering clear of fellow exercisers. I generally listen to music as I traverse the neighborhood, or catch-up with friends via cell phone.
- I’ve decided to start composting kitchen and yard waste and am scouring the internet for information. I hope to purchase a bin in the near future. Yes, I’m excited about making my own dirt.
- I charged the battery in my fancy schmancy digital camera and intend to get behind the lens this week. It’s likely I’ll snap images of my two favorite subjects—cows and trees. Yep, I’m weird.
Let me know what you’ve been up to. By sharing our stories, we stay connected, motivated, and uplifted. Just one of many gems embedded in this time of awakening, enlightenment, and rebirth.